Tuesday, October 26, 2010

An Old New Girl Scout

Back when I was a kid, I was in Brownies, and then I became a Junior Girl Scout... for a short time. I quit and never missed it.... but there's a question in the air: what did I miss out on? Would I enjoy learning some of the things I could have learned? Would they be fun to learn now, as an Old Lady?

The answer might be yes! Therefore, I might take up Girl Scouts again, but in a new way, designed for an Old Lady like me. Take a look at this:



To mark her 50th birthday, Jean is launching a 3-year project to work on and collect 100 Girl Scout badges. They'll have to be re-designed as necessary. For example, she suggests that "becoming a teen" might be changed to "becoming menopausal." For me that might have to be changed even more.. "becoming pre-octegenarian" or something.

Anyway, I'm going to consider taking this on as a fun thing to work toward during retirement. Check it out and see if it's something you would like to do, too! Click on the words "take a look at this" (above) and it should take you to the blog where everything is explained.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you know the proper way to say Brownies is Brownie Girl Scouts?

Have fun with that adventure! Are there even 100 badges?

Sweet P said...

Ooooo . . . this project looks like fun. I'll be reaching that milestone next October. I'm going to keep an eye on her and may join her next year.