Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Wall Hanging


This is the wall hanging I finished this week. It is made from leftovers from this quilt:



The quilt went to a veteran somewhere in New England. The wall hanging is headed out there, too, to hang on the wall in a vet's home, named for the son of a quilter friend. He died in Afghanistan. In fact, all the quilts I make for this group are in memory of Evan, the fallen soldier/beloved son.

The quilt above was made for a challenge, and a bunch of vets got to vote. I tied for 3rd place and got a cool prize! Another challenge is coming in May. I need to get started making that one soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 3rd place. Both the quyilt and the wall hanging are beautiful. I love those colors. My heart Aches for Evan's family . . .

Anonymous said...

OMG! I DO know how to spell quilt. What is that Y doing in the comment above? I need some coffee and maybe thinner fingertips. Sigh! It's bad enough when I mess up my own blog, but I hate it when I mess up on someone else's. Sigh . . .

AnnieO said...

Isn't that a Sister's Choice block? I just love it, by whatever name! You've got a way with colors in both quilts, they are beauties. I'm about to jump into local charity sewing for the hospital's cancer patients. Looking forward to joining in.

Jo said...

Wow! Congratulations on third place!

That quilt and the wall hanging are gorgeous. My daughter made me a very similar wall hanging, in similar colors, and I love it.