Sunday, October 26, 2008

Honoring My Mom

Today we traveled to my mom's town and attended her church. They had a little ceremony honoring her many years of service to the church at the local, district, state, regional, national, and international levels. She worked for years in almost any role you could name. Finally her work was recognized; a theological seminary has named a permanent scholarship in her name. They added my dad's name, too, for his years as a minister and because he graduated from that seminary. (He is watching from heaven.) I am so proud of my mom! She got a very nice plaque and some nice things said about her. Then we had a fun lunch with family and friends. It was great.



This weekend I also managed to make a few blocks, and I got this top put together. With all that excitement, the weekend FLEW by, and now it is nearly time for another work week. (Oh, and guess what we encountered on our trip today... it's a 4-letter word that starts with an "s" -- s**w!)





P.S. Notice anything different about my blog layout? First person who gets it right wins. There is no prize, but you can call yourself a winner.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to Carol's mom....

New background color?? Yikes I am terrible at see differences!

Unknown said...

the big pic at the bottome with your sewing machine and quilt?? I wanna win!

dot said...

Is it the pictures of your followers?

Elaine Adair said...

A nice post ... thank you, for reminding us of how great our Mom's are/were. 8-))

Clare said...

Is that the quilt for Nash Hutton?

Can't see anything different, but I'm probably not looking properly. Love that red white and blue quilt.