Friday, January 18, 2008

A Basket for Darcie



I sent some goodies off to Darcie, and she has received them and seems pleased. I sent her this basket block. I made it and really liked how it turned out, but I'm not crazy about basket quilts in general, so I didn't feel inspired about how to use it. I decided it would be a good blogiversary gift, and I thought Darcie could do something clever with it. I'm glad she likes it! I sent her some fabric and other misc stuff, too.

Has it cooled off in Australia? It's definitely cool here in the upper midwest! Brrrr. Great weekend to stay inside with the fireplace going, and sew, sew, sew (preferably on a binding on a very large quilt so it can sit on your lap and feet while you sew). Right now where I live it is about -8 deg. F (about -23 deg. C), and dipping fast.

7 comments:

Tazzie said...

Such a cute basket block, I'm so pleased Darcie loves it.
Gosh it sounds cold where you are, we're pretty mild at the moment, around 27c, but I feel sure it will heat up again ... Summer's not over yet!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Donna said...

ah I'm in the deep freeze here in central Canada this weekend too -- below -40 with the wind! About the furthest I'll get from the sewing and computer is the kitchen for soup and stew :-)

Andi said...

Not your usual basket pattern. I like it! Stay warm up there.

Magpie Sue said...

I've never seen that basket pattern before. I like it a lot!

Putting on a binding is a sure way to stay warm! Keep up the good work :- )

Christine said...

Nice little basket block. Went to the beach twice today in sunny Tasmania. Our warmest weather usually comes in Feb/March so quite a bit of summer left yet.

Chookyblue...... said...

it has been pretty hot in the west and down south but we have had the nicest summer here where I am and today it is cloudy and 21 deg celcuis.......I am sure we will get some very hot weather yet.......yours sounds SOOOOOO cold....

Karen said...

It's an unusual basket block but I really like it.