Tuesday, August 06, 2013

If I Can't Sew, I'll Dye!

I've been on a creative streak lately. After I finished the Top That Has a Deadline (it is now in the hands of the machine quilter), I was happy that my sewing time was my own to play as I wanted. I managed to make a few tops. Most of these will be quilted by others... at least I hope so. I also did more ice dyeing, and hubby was a big help with the rinsing and wringing-out process.

pot holders for a friend


borders on a pre-printed panel

leftover pieces from a much bigger piece that I dyed myself - this will be backing for the panel quilt, above

orphan blocks joined together to make "Delicious Leftovers"

pattern is "The Road Trip Quilt" from cluckclucksew(dot)com tutorial - quick, simple, and cute -- and a confession: it really isn't sewn together yet; this is the rows up on the design wall, waiting to be assembled

I did more dyeing and had fewer big white spots this time around.

These are so pretty, I'm not sure I want to use them as quilt backs, which was my original plan.

I can't believe it's already August, and some schools are already back in session. Uffda! Once again, I thank my lucky stars that I am retired. (Gives me more time to sew and dye.)

3 comments:

Patricia said...

Love your dyed pieces. I haven't dyed pieces big enough for backs yet----but I am thinking I might after looking at your results!

Anonymous said...

Love those dyed pieces. Gorgeous.

Monika Kinner said...

Wow. Nice dying!! Nice to find your blog. : )