Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday Books: a Visit to a Bookstore

It's Friday already! I have not finished Prague Winter yet; I'm into my third week with that book... but I made a surprise visit to a bookstore today. Friends and I had lunch on a pretty lake in the western suburbs and then walked to the little town nearby and shopped a bit. I wasn't expecting to buy anything, but there was a cute little bookstore, and I fell victim. I can't go into a bookstore and come out empty handed!

The book I bought is The Lifeboat by Charlotte Rogan. I have read the first few pages, and it looks very interesting. When I finish, I will let you know if I like the whole thing.

Meanwhile I shall share some pictures from our fun day (weather was perfect!!!)

the view from our table.. perfect!




Can you see the fish under the Canada goose?

farmers' market.. and food truck.. I liked the name of this food truck

and liked the gorgeous flowers from the farmers' market

And on a final bookish note, today is my husband's birthday; I am giving him a gift card for buying books for his e-reader. Keep reading!

No comments: