Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Little More Sewing

Joe Tulip suggested that I make a mug rug for my sister, since I decided to keep the larger quilt that I had intended to give to said sister. (See my post of 8/28/13.) Great idea!! That's what I did.


Joe has the best ideas! Sister can use this as a mug rug or just as a tiny quilt, whatever she chooses. It measures about 8" by 8.5".

Did a bit of other sewing this weekend, too:


Blocks for Bumbles Beans. She hangs onto these, then uses them to make a quick quilt when she finds out a special someone has cancer. She's able to do a quick turn-around with blocks she has stock-piled.

I already sent in my September Lotto blocks for Sunshine. Here they are:


Each one uses a small bit of my own hand-dyed fabric.

I'm hoping to get more sewing done since I still have two more whole days to my weekend. Hooray!

Happy Labor Day to my USA readers.

3 comments:

joe tulips said...

Your sweet giraffe makes the block or mug rug really special. Love it.
I love all the blocks.
Are you feeling the glorious NW wind? I am outside!

KatieQ said...

The mug rug is perfect. It was a great idea to include the giraffe.

Gunilla syr och skriver said...

I love your bookshelf- mugrug!