Friday, January 08, 2010
This idea comes from Living to Tell the Story. I have done Friday Fives before, but unofficially. I decided I should at least link to the person who came up with this idea. Go to her blog, and you'll be able to see lots of other folks' Friday Five Favorites.
So here are my five favorite things from this last week:
1. A student talked to me about my upcoming retirement in June and said, "I'm going to miss you!" This meant a lot to me, because I have a special spot for this student in my little ol' heart, and I am so glad she feels some sort of connection with me. I'm going to miss her, too.
2. It has been brutally cold, but today a few students and I went outside for a walk. We warmed up pleasantly just from walking, and it was such a beautiful, sunny day. We crunched along on the ice and snow and got some brisk, fresh air. I loved it. At the end of our little walks we do a cheer like a football team. We put our hands together and on the count of three we throw our hands in the air and say "I'm healthy!"
3. I made a firm decision about whether or not to do a couple of things this summer.. their dates were conflicting, but I made a decision about how to fix that. I feel good about that decision.
4. On Monday I started going to the Y after work. I even signed up for a Get Fit class at the Y. It's a small group that will be working on both nutrition issues and exercise routines, with the help of a personal trainer. I went to the Y three times this week, plus took the little walk that I mentioned in #2 above. I'm excited that I finally committed to doing something good for my health.
5. Tonight after work the house just felt so cold; I couldn't warm up! Charles and I decided to order some take-out, light a fire in the fireplace, and watch a movie. We are watching "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" film series that was made for HBO (Season 1). What a blast! They are so well done! I have read almost all the books, but didn't even know there were movies until I saw the series at Target. I bought them at halfprice right after Christmas. Anyway, tonight was so cozy and warm and fun. After the movie I stayed in my warm spot and read some of my book. A very pleasant and cozy Friday night. Perfect!