Sunday, September 06, 2009

Through the Screen Door

Today the sun was shining through my geraniums so beautifully! I couldn't catch in a photo what I could see with my eye. So I settled for this photo taken through the screen door. I love how this plant has had an explosion of flowers at the end of the season. It's living life to its fullest!

I'm making progress on the sewing of my Secret Project for church. It needs to be done by next Sunday, and it's looking likely that it'll be done in plenty of time. It has been a big job; I'll be relieved when it's done.

Here are a couple of cuties who were at church today. It was a fun Sunday... it felt warm and welcoming and happy. I left with a smile on my face.




Thought for the day:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all.

-- Emily Dickinson

3 comments:

Unknown said...

purty flowers!

That is how I felt pretty much all summer at church...content and filled with a good message! I think things are changing... slowly....

Brenda said...

I likr how the screen makes your geraniums look like a petit point stitching.very fun!

Melissa Kaye said...

Hey, that little girl is REALLY cute! :)

My big project that I finished last night was a large cross stitched quilt for my sister. It is crib sized and has a HUGE amount of cross stitching on it.

Can't wait to see your projects! I won't be at church the next 2 Sundays, but hopefully close to the end of the month!