Saturday, September 12, 2009

Hallelujah!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh joy! I'm so happy this is done!! This is a project I promised to do for church. It is the Secret Project I mentioned not too long ago. It was months ago that I said yes to making these. The powers-that-be waited patiently, with only a few polite nudges, and then they gave me a deadline (tomorrow) which I was finally able to satisfy (in the knick of time).


I kind of knew what I wanted to do, and I had worked up a prototype pretty quickly, but the actual making and quilting was a HUGE job. No wonder I had procrastinated! I hope they're happy, because I'm never doing this again. Whew!




The good news is, even though I'm griping about the work and how tired I am, I'm very happy with how they turned out! I'm celebrating that they are a success! Hooray!! Tomorrow is their "unveiling", and along with a lot of other fun events for the morning, it should be a good day at church. Huzzah huzzah!

16 comments:

Cher said...

simply gorgeous! you should be very pleased and proud of these...

Beth said...

they are beautiful! What a big job!

Brenda said...

they're lovely. congrats on a great finish. how big is the altar cloth?

True Blue Nana said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love all three and they are gorgeous in your church.

Michele's Quilting Journey said...

Totally beautiful! So, now are you thinking about different ones for all of the seasons?...ducking and running ;)

GARI said...

they seem to glow, as I'm sure you are, too. lol

Tiruba said...

I agree with Gari. They do seem like they are glowing. Gorgeous.

Millie said...

They are spectacular! You have done a fabulous job, and deserve to be very proud of your work.

Melissa said...

They look great! Can't wait to see them in person.

Dolores said...

You did a great job. They turned out beautifully.

Sharon said...

These are absolutely stunning! They're like a beautiful stained glass window. You should be very proud of yourself. Great job!!

Fiona said...

They are lovely - absolutely perfect for the surroundings and great colours and simplicity. I should think the powers-that-be are delighted.

Cathie said...

The altar cloth and pulpit cloths are beautiful! Now will they ask you for a set for every season?

BrendaLou said...

Beautiful!

Team Russi said...

Beautiful quilts! I love the colors.

Andi said...

So beautiful! You did a great job, The whole altar glows. Fantastic!