1) Rejuvenation of the soul at the family lake place: beauty, peace, serenity
2) Lake place memories: laughter, great conversation, good books, dear departed family members, good food, fun, frolic
3) Annual cousins' reunion: reconnecting to family has been a real gift (one cousin comes every year from NY, one from MI, the rest of us appreciate their outlay of expense and time to come see us)
4) We read a book and discuss it: a one-book-a-year book club. Always fabulous. Aunt D- comes up with great discussion questions!
5) Four of us went swimming! Very late in the year to do so; the day was warm, the water refreshing!! Swimmers were 40-something, 50-something, 60-something, and 70-something. Aren't we brave??
6) Amazing music pouring out of a small country church - such dynamos, and most of them senior citizens!
7) My 88-year-old mother was given an award by her UMW District: Woman of the Year! It was very nice; I'm so proud of her. (And I overheard two women say, "she doesn't look 88!" - so true!)