Sunday, April 05, 2009

My Sunday Seven



I skipped doing My Friday Five or Saturday Six, so I'm doing Sunday Seven, just for kicks and jollies.

1. It's Palm Sunday and is spring according to the calendar. We had snow this morning! But isn't it beautiful? I actually liked it. Later the sun came out, and it all melted.

2. For the last week or so I have been attempting to improve my eating habits a little. Mainly I'm being more conscious of eating fruits and vegetables. As a result, I already feel better, and I'm proud of myself!

3. My sister-in-law is recovering, but still needs prayers. She was in rougher shape than I realized! She will be in the rehab place for another week or so. Her liver is in bad shape and there is talk of an eventual transplant. She is at least able to walk around a little bit now but still uses a walker or cane. I'm thankful she is better and hope she continues to improve.

4. I had a wonderful spring break! It was great to visit my sister in NY. Then I came home and had some relaxing time at home before going back to work. I still think every employee should get a spring break. When I'm the boss of the world.........

5. I loved the book, Here If You Need Me by Kate Braestrup. I lent it to a friend, and she loved it, too. I'm so glad!

6. Hubby and I had a super-fun date Saturday night. We went out to eat, had great food, and enjoyed our conversation. To top off the night we went shopping for wooden dowels and printer paper. We know how to have a romantic evening!

7. Yesterday was my 500th post! Please read about my give-away that I explained yesterday.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I will continue to pray for healing.

Snow? I am still jealous. I got none this year and even had a snow day.

Yeah for going out for dinner and having a nice time.

When you are the boss of the world, can I come and work for you?

Unknown said...

31 comments??? Holy Moly...I don't think that many even secretly visit my blog!

Yes I love that book... I am going to get my own copy... there is so much to discuss!

Craftygirl said...

I wanna work for you too. Want me to fax you my resume?

Unknown said...

We are just getting some wet snow here in Ontario south this morning. It's always messy.
I recommend this book, The lovely Bones. I can't remember the author, but a great little book for all ages.
Lovely blog again. I am also thinking of a giveaway to friends who have visited me in the past year. I'm thinking on it.

BrendaLou said...

#4 ...when I'm the boss of things every employee should get a Spring Break....
how about Employers? I'd love to have a Spring Break!