Photo of St Paul Cathedral taken by me in '07. This year it is not this green yet, but it will be soon. Hooray!
I am ecstatic that today is Friday. What a long week! Should be a nice weekend; I'm looking forward to it with glee.
1) This week some people hurt my daughter's feelings, and it was completely unnecessary, not to mention small-minded. What a bunch of dingbats! Even though they are all adults, they were using their junior high brains, I think. It is so hard when my heart aches on behalf of my children. I wish I could wipe away the pain for them. Last night I couldn't get to sleep for thinking about it.
2) My summer is going to be fun, and it is going to fly! I can tell that already. I have a college graduation, two weddings, a mission trip, and I'm going to teach a quilting class. I'll try to squeeze in a couple of visits to the lake as well.
3) Lately I started daily use of a new skill that I learned a while back.. (c-print live captioning.. you probably never heard of c-print. It's a software I got training on, then didn't use very often.) It is exciting to see my skills and speed improve. It is something I really enjoy doing!
4) I have fallen behind on the Friday Block Party and have really done nothing toward my Spring to Finish goals. The quilting will wait. I have been in a quilty slump lately. Slumps happen. I know I'll get my mo-jo back again soon.
5) Have I ever mentioned that I love my job? My students rock and roll! (Even when they don't, they still do. Figure that one out.)