Monday, July 16, 2012

A Quilted Rainbow Book

I got this idea at another blog, Homegrown Happy, and thought it looked like fun. I was thinking I could make several, and try to sell them at our church bazaar. However, I did not like the process enough to make more than just one. To make enough money for the time I put in, I'd have to sell this little book for at least $50! LOL... no one would pay that.

This one was a labor of love. My niece is about to have a baby girl (any day now), and this will be the baby's. It's nice to have a quiet toy for situations when playing with a rattle or a drum is out of the question. This is a quiet toy for Great Niece, whoever she is.

front cover... little closer tab attaches with velcro










back cover

6 comments:

BrendaLou said...

very nice! I like the sign language and the giraffe....I'm sure you Great Niece (and her mom) will love it.

Kat said...

What a sweet little book! I like that you have added multi-dimensional pieces and also quilted the pages. I didn't see that in the original tutorial but I think it adds a great touch.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet gift. I saw the giraffe you snuck into the book!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet gift. I saw the giraffe you snuck into the book!

Pattilou said...

I love it Carol.

Barb in MI said...

What a clever idea! Bet your niece loves it.