Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday Books: Gnothing Gnu

I used to know a joke about a gnu whose name was Nothing. And the punch line was "Nothing gnu under the sun." I really suck at telling jokes, so I have forgotten the details, lucky for you.

I am reading two books but have not completed either one, so I will not report on them until next week. One is called The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt. I am about 60% through that one. I am reading it on my Kindle.

One night I left the Kindle downstairs, and I had gone upstairs to bed, but wanted to read before falling asleep. I was too lazy to get my Kindle, so I picked up Inside & Out & Back Again by Thanhha Lai. It's a kids' book, and I'm loving it. Watch for my reports next week.

getting reacquainted with the cat -- this is a look of nirvana on the cat's face, not torture

Our son came home from California for Mother's Day weekend, and I am so happy to have him here! My heart is singing.

1 comment:

Sextant said...

Lovely cat. Glad to hear that your son made it home for the weekend. Enjoy, and happy Mother's Day.