Saturday, August 30, 2014

First Finish of the Weekend

I set out to quilt a top other than this one, but the backing fabric was a little too short, so I changed plans and quilted this instead. It is the third quilt made out of our new 2014 community service block for my local guild, Dakota County Star Quilters. Where this quilt will be delivered is still TBD. It was fun to quilt this little gem, and now I'm going to try to quilt the other one that I thought I had started this morning. Wish me luck finding appropriate backing fabric!


3 comments:

knitnkwilt said...

My sympathy on the backing fabric issue. Right now 5 out of 7 of mine need a strip down the middle. The backing fabric is 2 inches short on each of the 5 (well, one inch short and one inch used up in selvedge).

Carol E. said...

Making wide backings is a drag. This one was pieced, too, even though it didn't need to be that huge. I don't know how I managed to mis-measure for the other top. But it all worked out OK in the end.

antique quilter said...

I really love this quilt, great colors ! sorry about the backing . finding with fabric being reduced to closer to 40 inches vs 44 like it used to be is making me add more to backs then 2 pieces wide.
Kathie