Friday, July 30, 2010

Wish You Were Here...

"Scenery is beautiful, wish you were here." So goes the typical postcard sent from a fabulous vacation. It was true of the vacation we just completed. Twenty-seven cousins and spouses from ten states gathered in Minnesota for a once-every-four-years reunion, and we had a blast! ("Wish you were here" to all the cousins who could not make it this time. Hope to see you all at the next one.)

Interlachen Lodge in Alexandria, Minnesota, on Lake Le Homme Dieu

our room, lakeside view

Cousin Nancy sang a solo at the Sunday morning church service.. beautiful! My sister cried.

went for boat rides and swam

played with our chicken...

...it's a long story

my uncle, age 90 and aunt, mid-80's. you'd never guess!

my immediate family; one BIL was not around for the picture

we chatted


and chatted

had a short memorial service for six of us who passed away since our last reunion

ate a lot of delicious food

took turns cooking

went to a Beetles baseball game

they won!


demonstrated our maturity levels

attended a play

wow! a full moon!

must we really leave? what a fabulous time we had!

Looking forward to 2014!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great photos Carol. I keep getting a little icon that says mean things to me on the photos!
Are you aware of it? It looks like a security thing.
I loved the maturity of your family!
It says you all had a great time!

AlaskatoIreland said...

So lovely. Thanks for all the photos! Glad you had a great time and are fully embracing the summer!

woolywoman said...

I am in awe of a family that likes each other enough to go on vacation together! You are so lucky! Wish I could be there, indeed.

Pattilou said...

What a fun family vacation! Thanks so much for sharing. It's still really quiet at my house and in a few hours all my family (kids) and their spouses--those who are married and the grandkids will descend on our yard for a mini vacation. I'll post some pictures on my blog!

Sweet P said...

Sounds and looks like you have a wonderful time!

Jo said...

Gosh, I wish I were there too...! It looks like a wonderful spot, and a wonderful time. :-)