Wednesday, July 07, 2010

I Just Can't Decide

If you have been hanging out at your computer today, and frequenting my blog as I know you would probably want to do all day long, you would know that I have changed my blog design three or four times today. It started when I accidentally deleted my previous one.. then decided to try something new. After several previous attempts, I think I have settled on the current one, at least for now. I think.

Another thing I can't decide is exactly what I want to do with this quilt. I had it quilted some time ago, and today I finally got the binding on. For some reason this quilt just speaks to me. I love it! It's whimsical and very atypical; that's probably what I love about it. I can't decide what to do with this quilt, so for now I am photographing it and just enjoying its presence in my home.

I photographed it in my usual quilt-modeling location

Then I decided to highlight each little block design.. I love the giraffe who is standing in Botswana, next to the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency thatch-roof hut, eating a 3-D leaf!

This is a just-for-fun design element which makes me think of windstorms, tornadoes, or maybe tumble-weed

Ooh, a robot lives in this house!

This house has a nice, big mailbox, because the person who lives here, like me, loves sending and receiving mail.

A tall, skinny person must live in this house, or a short person who loves to climb stairs.

What's the story with this house? Not much, except the owner really likes her funky roof, and loves having trees in her yard.

Someone (or some thing??) is watching from the forest!

OK, all that wasn't enough for me. I decided this quilt wanted to be photographed outside, too.

And I needed to show off the backing fabric, which is soft and cuddly.

Oh, I'm still not done! I needed to photograph the quilt on the sofa.

To my surprise, along came two little girls who wanted to sit on the quilt!

They felt a little cold in the air conditioning, so I put the quilt up to cover their laps.

After that the girls fell asleep, so I walked softly out of the room and looked at this birdhouse in our side yard. Early this spring I cleaned out a big ol' mess of sticks and feathers out of there, so I know the stuff inside is new this year... what I don't know is if a family is growing inside. I don't think so. I haven't seen or heard much action around the birdhouse. I think the Hopeful Daddy bird started building a nest to attract Mrs. Right, but she must have decided he was Mr. Wrong. At least SHE knows how to make a decision! Better luck next year, Daddy-O.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your new look...but I think you need a new header....just me talkin' at you!

AnnieO said...

It's a story quilt! I think it belongs in your house.

That was fun :)

Ikea said...

hehe! i especially like the part with the giraffe eating the leaf! it must be acacia, i think.

Unknown said...

Oh when I saw this quilt with the giraffe....I thought of "The Number one Woman's Detective Agency" which we get on HBO here in Canada!
The grafics are so similar...you have a winner. so cute, so very cute...

Pattilou said...

What a fun story you weave with your quilt!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Grandma thinks you are a happy quilter! :o)

Julie Sharer said...

As I told you when I was in Minnesota...that quilt NEEDS to stay in your home, period. Now that your deck, couch, and little girls have been introduced to her (quilt is a SHE, yes?), I know they would all agree that she is too special to part with!

Browndirtcottage said...

...You are too funny...I LOVE this cute little quilt and your post about it!!!!

June D said...

Really cute - and great to have each block/story told. Thank you so much for posting and sharing!