Wednesday, July 21, 2010

40 Years Later

Last weekend I attended my 40th high school reunion. When the invitation came out several months ago, I could hardly believe it. 40 years?? I feel like I'm barely over the age of 40, so how can this be?!

I had not attended a reunion since our 10th, even though they've had them regularly every five years or so. Finally my friends Kay and Cindy and Lulu and I decided to go together, and this year we made it, minus Lulu who has moved out of state. And we missed our pal, Barbie, who died in a car crash several years ago.

my hair's excuse: I got rained on while coming in tonight

I was surprised that it was fun! Also funny, and a little weird. How did all those people get so old? Especially the men.. lots of baldies. The women were surprisingly beautiful, still, except for yours truly. And the people I talked to were quite nice and friendly. We're nicer as grown-ups than as twerpy high school kids.

Still, I'm not sure I'll attend the next one, whenever it is. Maybe Kay and Cindy will be able to convince me.. or maybe I'll just have lunch with Kay and Cindy.

guy on left...

...and this guy...

...and the woman on the right; all of them were kids my mom knew from Sunday School and confirmation years. I took these pictures to show her, but she did not recognize a single one of them!

No comments: