Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Family of Birds

I posted this photo on July 7 and said I thought nothing was happening inside, except maybe the hanging around of a sad Bachelor Bird who just couldn't find Mrs. Right.



Well, I was wrong! This week, while enjoying my new Kindle which I gifted to myself, I spent some time lounging on our deck, reading. And what did I hear but a bunch of baby birds screeching for food, and I noticed a mommy bird hustling back and forth from the birdhouse to the woods, again and again and again, finding food for her babies. When she came back they would all screech and beg "me, me, me!" and hope to get the gift of food. It is so cute and special to sit on one's deck and listen to a Bird Family growing and learning right there in the side yard. What a treat!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Be glad it isn't a woodpecker baby...they screech from dawn till dusk...daughter said we should have been gun people when the little screecher was in a tree close to the cottage. Dawn till dusk it made the worst noises!
Then, when it flew, we cheered!