Sunday, November 27, 2016

What I'm Reading

I haven't posted a book review for a while. Currently I am in the middle of reading The Lost City of Z: A Tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon by David Grann. I am reading it on my Kindle. I haven't been glued to it so far, so it's taking me a while. I am finding it interesting, just not spell-binding. I'll tell you more when I finish the book.

Meanwhile my mother-in-law has been in poor health. She was in the hospital a couple of times. They thought she might have had a small stroke, or maybe her stent (put in after a previous large stroke) is leaking.. or something like that. I don't quite understand it, but they said there was nothing they could do. She's not a surgery candidate. She has many issues such as heart and severe kidney disease. Currently she is in transitional care, with the goal of having physical therapy and occupational therapy, but she is so weak that she can't even do the therapy routines. She really can't move much of her own body. It's sad to see her in such bad shape. There will be a meeting on Monday to discuss further options.

In my quilting world, I have made several blocks to send to Sunshine for the December Lotto - 16 blocks! And now I am working on a baby quilt for our nephew's baby who is due in late December - a boy! I hope the quilt will be as cute as I am picturing it in my mind. We'll see. I'm making up my own pattern.

Happy December, everyone. Can you believe it's nearly December already???

2 comments:

marciinidaho said...

Carol

Just read your profile. I see you love one of my favorite books -- Neither wolf nor dog.

Marci in Idaho

Carol E. said...

Marci, did you know that a movie of "Neither Wolf Nor Dog" has been made? They are attempting to raise funds at Kickstarter to get it marketed and out in the wider world. It has been shown at a few film festivals and has received very positive reviews. The man who played the role of Dan was 98, and he died shortly after the movie was finished. I'm hoping to get a chance to see the film some day.