Sunday, December 11, 2016

I'm Still Here

Hello, world. I am still here! I have been feeling a bit depressed, so it's hard to motivate myself to write anything. Depression is just something that I deal with; it comes and goes. This fall/early winter it has been worse than usual due to Mom's death, Mother-in-Law not doing so well after a stroke, and other stuff (OK, the election and Drumpf acting like an idiot), but I know I'll get better and will be fine.

I do have some completed quilts to show you:

Most of these blocks are Lotto blocks that I won at Sunshine. The cat in the middle I made from looking at a paper-pieced pattern that a friend sent. I didn't want to paper-piece, so I free-pieced it and was pretty happy with how it turned out.


Soon I'll have to settle on destinations for all these quilts. I love when I have a pile so I have some options.

Here's a quilt I made and donated to the church; it was given away to this baby who was baptized today. It is fun for me to see that happen.

Here is a picture of the whole quilt:

And here is something way cuter than any quilt. Our nephew and his wife had a baby boy on November 30. Our nephew is a doctor, so I imagine he'll be using that stethoscope every once in a while, just to check. Sweet.
Look at that cute little dimple. I have not met this little sweetheart in person yet. I hope to soon.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

the sun is shining here in Winnipeg today. Hope you're getting some of that too!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful baby! Really nice quilts. And as far as the depression, I get it. Hoping things smooth out for you soon.