Wednesday, May 13, 2015

My Friend and Frida Kahlo

S. made this quilt, an homage to Frida Kahlo. Isn't it pretty??? She was thinking the blue part of that middle border shouldn't be blue. I personally LOVE the blue. It brings out the blues in other parts of the quilt, and it pops on its own. She was soliciting advice on keeping or replacing the blue. I think she decided to leave it blue. I hope so.


(You know how pictures don't do a quilt justice, and the colors aren't true. Just believe me on the blue question.. it almost looks green in this photo.)

3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful - hope the blue stayed!

Anonymous said...

Me too. Love the way the opposites show each other off. Does she read your blog?

https://quiltingatthecottae.blogspot.com/ said...

I love the blue. It is the shades of blue that she chose that make it perfect. She should keep it. Me? I cannot imagine taking a top apart when it looks like that.
By the way, thanks for the books recommended over the last year or so. I haven't been blogging at all, but am back now, and wanted to tell you that I love your books.