Friday, May 08, 2015

Friday Books: My Ideal Bookshelf, Take Two

A while ago I told you about my new book: My Ideal Bookshelf edited by Thessaly La Force, art by Jane Mount. It offers a page on which I was invited to create my own ideal bookshelf -- books that helped me learn to love reading, books that taught me a lot, books that I LOVED, books over which I laughed and cried. I chose books from my past and books that I have read more recently. It was fun but hard to come up with my list. I ended up adding books... and might add to it over time, too! Here's my ideal bookshelf as of today:


They're kind of hard to see, so here is the list:
The Secret River by Kate Grenville
Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
Neither Wolf Nor Dog by Kent Nerburn
The Family of Man by Edward Steichen
Jane Addams, World Neighbor by Melissa Gilbert
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
The Kite Runner by Kahled Hosseini
The Space Between Us by Thrity Umragar
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Our Bodies, Ourselves by Boston Women's Health Collective
Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an excellent list! Thank you for posting this as I'm going to add many of these to my reading list. Fun!!

Anonymous said...

Fun to see your list! I may have to think about what i would put on my bookshelf. Hmm...