Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday Books: High Divide

The High Divide by Lin Enger -- A man leaves home without telling his wife and sons. The story switches between characters as we follow the adventures and the family's quest to understand each other, seek forgiveness and consider reconciliation. It takes place in the late 1800s, beginning in Minnesota and extending into Montana, including some of the historical events of the time. Engaging story and well-researched historical aspects. I rated it 4 out of 5 stars.

Enger is a Minnesota author. I met him at my sister's bookstore earlier this year, so I read an autographed copy of the book.

(haha.. this didn't happen in Enger's book, but it has happened to me in the past!)

2 comments:

dianneo said...

I just finished a book I think you'd enjoy. It's Maude by Donna Foley Mabry. It's the story of her grandmother's life, from birth to death. Strong, fascinating woman.

Carol E. said...

Thanks for that recommendation. Nice of you to share your book choices.