Sunday, October 06, 2013

OK, I Lied...

I went to Europe! That's not the lie. The lie was that I made this quilt for a friend who does not read my blog. The quilt went with us to Europe, and I gave it to Ruzena, my pen-friend of 22 years, who DOES read my blog. She had seen it on the blog, but I had hoped she wouldn't figure out it was for her. Maybe she did, maybe she didn't. Anyway, here she is with it. She thinks it's beautiful. I loved giving it to her. I loved meeting her in person. I loved visiting her lovely home and family and her beautiful country (Czech Republic). We had a dream trip which I will be explaining in future posts.

I have more than 1,000 photos to sort through, so it's a large task. Here's the first... the quilt in Europe.

showing her husband the quilt label

Ruzena on right; her daughter on left

3 comments:

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Quilty sweetness!!

BrendaLou said...

lovely! I am sure she will treasure it always!

joe tulips said...

I didn't see that coming! Good surprise!