Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Books: Glorious Day!



I finished Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. Great book! The great writing grabbed me from the get-go, and the second half of the book is even better.. riveting! Very interesting book about a person who is born and raised a girl, but at age 14 becomes a boy. This is because she/he was born with ambiguous gender identity. She's raised and feels very much like a girl until puberty hits.. then it gets confusing. This is something I have been curious about, and it was fascinating to learn more about it. Want a good, engrossing book that will take you a bit of time to read (it's over 500 pages)? Try Middlesex.

I am currently reading Two Rivers by T. Greenwood. This one will be quick. I'll have it done in a couple of days. I'll give you my report next week.

Today is gorgeous!!! I have the bedroom window open, and the cat is happy. He's sitting by the window, soaking up the fresh air and watching and listening to the birds twittering in the back yard. So refreshing.

I slept really late this morning and feel much better today. I'm hoping my "tireds" of the last few days will soon be a thing of the past.

No comments: