Monday, February 27, 2012

Retreats Rock!

I love quilt retreats. I always get so much done, and it's fun to spend the time chit chatting and being completely crazy with other quilters and scrapbookers. Last weekend I went to a retreat center in Wisconsin and had a blast.

work space was comfortable and well lit

real beds.. so comfy

food was so-so...

... just kidding! Food was fabulous; I gained 800 lbs

theme was Mardi Gras; we had a parade, dressed up crazy, acted appropriately for Mardi Gras, therefore this is the only photo I am allowed to show you.

I very kindly pointed out a mistake in this block; ML shows me that she fixed it. Whew! My sense of balance is restored

KF put together this stunning quilt

I had these blocks done; assembled them

made this one from the scraps left from...

... this beauty. I did a happy dance when this one was done. LOVE how it turned out!

I think this could be called a very successful weekend.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful...thanks

Anonymous said...

LOVE those quilts!!

Clare said...

Wow! Love those greens.

BrendaLou said...

sounds heavenly!

Jan Mac said...

Beautiful quilts and it sounds like a productive and fun retreat.
Hugs,Jan Mac