I'm not a regular reader of this blog, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, but maybe I should be! Someone else directed me over there, and I jumped right in to the challenge she is providing. This blogger and her friends make gorgeous quilts and donate them through their quilt ministry. The quilts go to people battling serious illnesses.
She recently got her hands on this book:
It includes patterns for quilts and other projects using your scraps cut into squares of 5-inch, 3-inch, and 2.5-inch.
The challenge is this - using the three sizes in Cut The Scraps!, create a block! Here are the guidelines:
1. You can cut the squares down from the designated sizes, but you can't use any larger.
2. You can add solids if you want.
3. Finished blocks can be any size.
4. We'd like your permission to use your block creation in quilts for the quilt ministry in the future.
5. And for you overachievers out there, yes, you can enter more than one block!
There will be prizes! One is a copy of the book, Cut the Scraps!, donated by the publisher. Three others will each win this:
I created a block tonight and will show it next week on Feb 8 when she has Linky Wednesday to share all the blocks. Want to play along? Sounds like fun, doesn't it?
Go here to read her blog to see more about this challenge as well as to see pictures of the beautiful quilts they give away (and the to-drool-over batiks that someone donated).