Friday, October 07, 2011

Friday Books



I finished a book, but that's all I'm going to say.

Then I started two others: a friend told me about a free book at Amazon Kindle. My Sister's Voice by Mary Carter. I "bought" it (for $0) and am almost done reading it. I'm really enjoying it. It is about a Deaf woman who discovers at age 28 that she has a twin sister who is hearing. Very interesting story and well done. A lot of times books about deaf people are sappy, assume the reader knows nothing, or they are just not well told. This one is not any of those. It was definitely worth the price, and I'm glad I found it. (Thanks, KR.)

Another book I have started is Lost in Shangri-La by Mitchell Zuckoff. It is for a book group at goodreads dot com. I'm only about 1/5 of the way into the book, but am enjoying the story so far. It is a true story about a plane crash at the end of WWII, and I am eager to get back to it and see what happens next.

No comments: