Friday, October 24, 2008

Sunshine Blocks





Oh, this is fun! I made some Sunshine blocks for kid quilts! Tammy is running a Lotto. October colors are red and black. Can you see my progression? I started with these 4 traditional blocks. Then I got tired of following rules and made these three. One "rule" is to make blocks in duplicate. I even broke that rule. But it's OK, because I'm donating them all to Sunshine and not really playing the Lotto part of the challenge. It's so much fun to finally have time for these fun projects!



Oh, by the way, not many of my quilty projects sold at my church bazaar this week, but I took leftovers to work and sold several pieces to a co-worker. That felt good!

And, another p.s... my future d-i-l is home and doing well after her surgery. Thanks for the good wishes for her.

3 comments:

Clare said...

Carol - the house block is lovely. I love the detail in it. Great blocks and colours.

Twisted Quilts said...

The red and black is a very dramatic combination and you have used it in very creative ways. I like the dots, I am currently in a dots faze.

Tammy said...

You're such a rebel! They're great, I can't wait to get them.