Saturday, August 02, 2008

Rosebud-Bound

Tomorrow morning shortly after the crack of dawn, five of us from my church are heading off to Rosebud Reservation in South Dakota. We will be working on whatever projects they have lined up for us... could be any number of jobs such as painting, visiting elders in a nursing home, sorting school supplies, feeding the homeless, playing with children, etc. We are joining my sister's church team from another town, so altogether we'll be about 30-35 strong. I am hoping for a wonderful learning experience and hope to do something that's useful.


We are carrying along a couple dozen quilts, a bunch of donated clothing, books, fabric, shoes, underwear, etc. Here's my husband, the magician, packing it all neatly into my tiny car. Who knew it could hold so much!?

If possible, I'll check in and give a couple of updates as the week goes on. In the meantime, your thoughts and good wishes coming our way are appreciated! Catch 'ya later, alligator!

1 comment:

Clare said...

How on earth did your Magician get all that into your car?!?!?

Have a great time.