Monday, August 18, 2008

Best Summer Ever

This has been the happiest summer I can remember in a long time. It was fabulous in so many ways! Beth gave me the idea of re-capping my summer with a few photos. Here goes:

I attended Obama's speech in St. Paul


Weather this summer was fantastic, and if I remembered to water them, my flowers did great.


Super fun reunion with my pals


Another fun reunion - former students and staff - approx 20 years since we'd all seen each other


Great vacation at Lutsen - I'd go back any day


Raised a family of baby wrens in our bird house


Actually worked on writing my autobiography. Why? Because I'm in my 50's and feeling reflective. Do NOT look for this in any bookstores, ever.


Son and Girlfriend got engaged!


Had lots of time for sewing, and gathered 30 quilts to take to Rosebud.


Life-altering mission trip to Rosebud & Pine Ridge


Fun family times; swimming, boating; beautiful days & beautiful sunsets


My mom is in good health!


In one more week I go back to work, so it's time to say farewell to my free time and my most enjoyable summer in recent memory. I love fall, but it's sad to see the end of a great summer. I hope yours was great, too.

7 comments:

Darcie said...

What a wonderful summ(a)ry, Carol! Enjoy your week!

Unknown said...

Awesome summer I would say. I am really dragging my feet for next week! And no I don't care that you copied me! lol

Anonymous said...

Your summer sounds so nice. I just hate when summer is over! Actually, I won't miss the summer heat, just the freedom. I wish we could have summer in the fall.....

Your flowers are gorgeous! What kind of flowers are they?

Patricia
rpngso@gmail.com
www.knottypineunderground.blogspot.com

Mary Johnson said...

I looks like you had a wonderful summer - mine was great too but lots of time spent traveling and Chesty hurt his knee and had to have surgery.

You got a lot of quilting done but I'm still trying to catch up from my move in April and all the traveling.

BrendaLou said...

I think it's always a good idea to mark the passage of time with pictures or words....otherwise we *think* that nothing happened. without that lovely photo you'll forget that you not only stopped to smell the flowers, you planted and tended them and probably made the world a prettier place for many others!

Laura said...

You not only had a wonderful summer you had a busy one! So glad it was filled with happy memories for you.

Cher said...

wonderful recap! love all the photos and it does sound like a great time was enjoyed...