Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Quarter Century



Today I got to attend a luncheon for employees of my school district who have been there for 25 years. I never dreamed I'd stay this long, but the job really worked out well for me. I couldn't have asked for a better career. The luncheon was fun, and the people who were there to honor us were so friendly and cheerful (the superintendent, some other high-ups, and some school board members). We each got a clock with our name engraved on it. Way cool! Now on to the next 25 years. (Most of them served as a retiree, I hope.)

My 'get fit' report for the day: no work-out today!

8 comments:

Donna said...

Wow! Congrats! I can't even imagine settling anywhere that long (I'm in my current job the longest of anywhere at 6 years...)

BrendaLou said...

Carol, nice clock (it could have been an ugly one!) congrats for doing a great job for 25 years.

Joyce said...

Nice gift. After 20 years we got an engraved school bell. Not so useful as a clock. I retired before I got to 25 so I'm not sure what they gave then, if anything.

jacquie said...

congrats and good for you joining wendy's challenge! keep it up. love those red and white blocks!!1

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your lonnngggevity @ your place of employment...In my humble opinion they are lucky to have you that long! So when do you retire...wait don't tell me because I will have to add on 15 years for me! ugh! Again Congrats!

Magpie Sue said...

Congratulations! And double good-on-you for sticking it out in a school setting for so long!

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Wow, can't believe it has been 25 years! Congratulations!! : )

Anonymous said...

Awww, this one made me sad...we used to talk about when we'd made it to 25 and we'd attend that luncheon together...now here I am, sitting in GEORGIA...tell me, dear, how DID that happen??