Sunday, July 29, 2018

Summer Sewing

Recently I was invited to join a group of friends on a weekend quilting retreat at a home in northern Wisconsin (on Lake Superior). It was lovely, and we had fun and got lots done.

This is a top that spontaneously created itself.. I started by making some big Half Square Triangles, and it evolved into this.

This is a traveling Round Robin which two of us worked on. I made the elephants, and the next person did the circle log cabin blocks.

Here is another Round Robin which we also worked on:
I did the bottom row, next person did the top row. When I made my row, the first block was the one in the middle. I thought it was too busy, so I changed the background in the next two blocks. Now I wish I had left them all with the busier background. I like it! Oh, well.. too late now. The next person is poking her head above... it's my cousin, B!

B. brought along bubbles for a little Play Break.
This top was given to me by a friend; the TATW center was done, I just had to add borders to enlarge it. I wonder why it took me a few years to do this simple task?

Quilts by others in the group. First is the pattern Bob and Weave by Gudrun Erla, made by K. The next is a Villa Rosa pattern made for the quilter's grandson, made by M.

Here are a couple of quilts I made this summer, not during the retreat in Wisconsin -- baby girl quilts.

Finally, do you remember the Weather quilt I was working on in 2016? I finally got it quilted, and here it is.. done except for the binding. I love it and hope to get the binding done soon. (White hearts are on days when babies were born, and the red heart is the day my mom died that year... coming up on two years ago now.)

4 comments:

Louise said...

Your weather quilt is gorgeous! I love the little hearts to commemorate important days. I'm so sorry one of them was the loss of your Mom, though.

Carol E. said...

Thank you, Louise. I like the hearts, too. My mom's death was hard but a beautiful time as well. I was honored to be her daughter, and she lived a lovely, long life of 95 years.

BrendaLou said...

Looks like a good and productive
time was had by all!

joe tulips said...

The hearts are a wonderful addition, even if a sad thing. Seeing all the quilts is fantastic! Beautiful!