Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday Books



Lately I have been on a huge sewing spree... having a blast, but it leaves very little time for reading. Mostly I read in bed just before my eyes slam shut, a very inefficient way of making it through a book.

I'm currently reading Gravesavers by Sheree Fitch. It was chosen as a book club selection at my online group, but people had a hard time finding a copy. I guess it is out of print. Because of that, a different book was chosen. However, I found Gravesavers quite easily at Amazon... I got it for one penny! Plus $3 or $4 shipping, of course. Because I had a copy, I decided to go ahead and read it, to see what we missed.

I'd never heard of the book before, but am enjoying it. I'm about halfway through now. It's a modern story of a family who suffers a miscarriage, and they send their daughter to live with Grandma for the summer. Interwoven is an older story of immigrants coming via ship to North America from Europe. Both story lines are enjoyable, and I'm wanting to get back to the book to see what happens, and how the story lines merge, as I assume they will. But that darn sewing keeps interfering with my reading time.

Can anyone send me hours 25-30 for a day or two so I can get this book completed?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Carol, I too read in bed at night. I tell you that the other night I figured if I didn't read sitting up I'd finish this book in 2013! Honestly, and it's a David Baldacci too!
My sweetie can read by the hour in bed...is that a new giraffe photo on your header? If I missed the additon, then forgive me as I love this one.