Tuesday, November 04, 2014

The Best Job in the World

Have I ever mentioned how great my current job is? Not only do I get to pick my own hours, and there is no pressure whatsoever to work a specific number of hours, ever... but I also have the best management I've ever worked for in my life. They understand exactly what we worker bees are doing and are very supportive and positive.

Now they have won my heart again, in this way: we are organizing a small silent auction to run at work for a week in mid-November. All those who are participating as vendors voted and chose a charity that the sales will support. I guess I'm in charge, as it was my idea, and I'm doing the behind-the-scenes organizing. So... my bosses offered to give me a half hour, paid, for the work I do at set-up time and another paid half hour for the work I do cleaning up afterwards. What do you think of that?? I thought it was wonderful.

Here are a couple of the items we'll be offering at our auction:

A friend made these crocheted dish cloths, and I decided to make a matching pot holder to make these sets.

I have a couple other projects-in-progress that will be for the auction, but no pictures of them as yet.

Last weekend I finally studied the instructions for the use of my new sewing machine. Now I'm in the groove and can use it for anything. I'm having lots of fun with it. I may have shown something earlier that I made on my new machine, but this block is the official "first" made with my new machine and with me being aware of what I was doing.


I hate reading directions, but being aware is worth the trouble.

(American readers: did you vote today? I did. Exercise your privilege and right to vote!)

3 comments:

Brenda said...

great potholders. what kind of sewing machine did you get?

Anonymous said...

Love that you get the paid time before and after the silent auction. I voted. Wore my sticker to set a good example for my granddaughter.

Lisa said...

I voted! It's a good example for my first graders. What machine did you get? (Just bought a new portable janome to take to classes! #joy!)