Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Books: Cousins' Book Club

I do not have a review today. I am with my cousins, discussing a book I reviewed two years ago. The book is The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce. My review is re-posted here below the photo. We cousins gather once a year and discuss a book. This year they chose a book I had already read, but loved, so I was happy to read it again.

Please read something and tell me about it. Did you find a book you could not put down? A book that gave you great joy? A book that taught you something? I book that you keep thinking about?

What joyful things books are, are they not?? Have fun reading this week.


Review from August, 2012:
Definitely 5 stars! This was a great book! It's so good that I don't want to say a lot about it, in fear that I will ruin it for you, a potential reader. Please read this book! It's about a man who walks across England to visit a friend who has cancer. But it really is about WAY MORE than that. It's the human story, with all our foibles, fears, mistakes, regrets, joys, and loves. Just a great, great book. The writing is beautiful, the characters are very human. This book will break your heart and touch your heart... definitely one of my faves.

3 comments:

BarbCarol said...

I am reading three books right now....Grave Robber, which I am reviewing for Family Christian Book Store; The Golem and the Jinni, for Lone Prairie Book Club; and for myself, Prodigy: A Legend Novel. So many unread books, so little time.

Jan said...

I just finished The Girl Who Saved The King of Sweden by Jonas Jonasson, and loved it. Three that I read last month and highly recommend are Painted Horses By Malcolm Brooks, California by Edan Lepucki and Falling From Horses by Molly Glass.

Carol E. said...

Thanks for the notes, BarbCarol and Jan. I have not heard of any of those books. As BC said, "so many unread books, so little time." I came home from my weekend with many more books to read. *sigh* - a joy, with a twinge of feeling discouraged