I feel like I should post something, but I have only been a frump-a-dump and have nothing much to report. I do my usual things that I have to do. However, most of my time has been wasted as follows: I've been killing time watching movies on the computer, trying to read but not giving it my all, knitting half-heartedly, and really nothing else. I have been more scatter-brained than usual.
My aunt's memorial service isn't until October 11; I'll feel good when that occurs. I think it will help shut the door on this sad/do-nothing phase of my existence. Also I have something fun coming up this next weekend which I am sure will lift my spirits.
I am tired of my own sad, blah posts. I apologize to my readers for having nothing interesting to say! I am going to insist to myself that I list some things for which I am thankful. It's really not that I have been feeling so awful and down on life, but just have been feeling kind of numb. So, to give myself a jolt back to normal, here are my gratitudes:
I am thankful for
(1) faithful blog readers who keep encouraging me even when I am supremely boring
(2) my husband; I am the luckiest person alive
(3) my two children - love 'em!
(4) getting re-acquainted with my cousins over recent years; "family" has new meaning to me now
(5) the beautiful changing leaves; fall is my favorite
(6) our sweet, needy cat
(7) sleeping under quilts
(8) choosing my own work hours; best job I've ever had
(9) bright blue skies, white puffy clouds
(10) writing a gratitudes list which, miraculously, actually helped lift my spirits!
I don't know if this video link will work. If so, please enjoy the quaking leaves from Up North on a windy day.