Saturday, December 29, 2012

Life After Christmas

After Christmas I had hoped I would get a lot of sewing done. I have done a little, but not as much as I had anticipated.

Hubby gave me a ball winder, and he made this swift for me for Christmas. It works great!


I decided I needed to make a bag for the pieces to fit in. It turned out pretty big, but it works for all the parts, plus the ball winder.

close-up of the fabric. It has been hanging out at home waiting for a special project.

Son is still home, and it has been a lot of fun having him around. Yesterday he and I went to see the movie "The Hobbit." He liked it; I didn't. Too much scary and violent stuff for my taste. I spent a lot of time with my eyes closed. I even fell asleep. And when it was light enough, I worked on some knitting. I'd rather go see "Lincoln" which I plan to do very soon.

Here is son with my mom. We had a nice visit. I had more pics, but my SD card is corrupt, and I lost a bunch of them.


I'm still hoping to make some good progress on several quilts, but even without having to go to work, my days seem to fly by, and I get interrupted with stuff to do. Having a third person in the household makes a big difference. It's fun, but it's different from the quiet days with just hubby and me rattling around.

For New Year's we plan to do our usual: stay at home! We'll probably light a fire in the fireplace and do what we love: read, sew, knit, play on computer, work on Sudoku, fall asleep on the couch. Happy New Year, everyone!

2 comments:

Sextant said...

I would love to stay at home on New Years Eve. We go partying to my mother in law's place. Have to watch that stupid ball drop. I am a new years scrooge. Bah Humbug.

Aside from that have a happy new years and enjoy the lad while he remains at home.

Paula, the quilter said...

We stay in on NYE too. I have a ball winder like that and I got my swift (looks like yours) from an Oregon woodworker. I love them both and don't know how I ever got along without them.