Thursday, December 13, 2012

Checking In

Hi, World! I have spent a few hours wrapping Christmas gifts. And reading a good book. And knitting... I am working on a scarf. And avoiding cleaning my house. As usual. I so hate cleaning. Wish I could have a live-in maid!

Last Saturday I sat at work, knitting with a co-worker (we were both off duty). She has spear-headed a collection of hats, scarves and mittens to donate to a domestic violence assistance program for deaf people. I worked on this hat.


I like how it turned out, except it is much smaller than I intended. I wanted it to fit a child, but it is more of a toddler size... and made of wool. Who wants to put a wool hat on a baby?! If I'd known what I was doing, I would have lined it with fleece, but alas, I often don't know what I am doing.

Over at 15 Minutes Play blog I accepted a challenge and got some vintage fabric in the mail. I made this, so far. The four center strips are the challenge fabric.


I was disappointed that I didn't make something more creative than this traditional string block.. so I decided that after Christmas I am going to add more to it and turn it into a medallion style quilt. Stay tuned!

Be warm, be happy, and may peace and love fill your heart.

My gratitudes list:

1) good books and people who share them
2) generous quilters - such nice people!
3) being semi-retired and having time to enjoy my life
4) Christmas cookies
5) Christmas music

1 comment:

Sextant said...

Sounds like you had a lovely week. Avoid cleaning as much as possible...it just gets dirty again. If you read a book, it doesn't come un-read, if you quilt a quilt it doesn't come un-quilted. Cleaning is a fools game that has no end.