Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Enough!

All this talk about guns (here, Facebook, the news) has given me a headache. I don't think I can stand to get too heavily involved in this hot topic. I will write my letters to my representatives, and that is about it. I do want to say this last thing, though. It sure would be nice if the NRA would, for once, say something like: "We also abhor mass killings and will do what we can to help solve this horrendous problem." Wouldn't that be a breath of fresh air?

I finished this quilt top last night and just love how it turned out. I won't have time to quilt it until after Christmas. That will give me time to let the quilting ideas percolate in my brain for a little bit.


I also finished these two mug rugs. They are actually re-purposed pieces. They have two previous lives, which didn't work out well; I think their third attempt at life will be more successful.


Christmas is one week from today, and I so look forward to being with family, having fun, and trying to relax my heart from the ache it currently feels.

And for the grieving parents in Newtown, I say this:

"In life, in death, in life beyond death, God is with us. We are not alone."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how your quilt top turned out. It just makes my eyes move all over looking at the colors and fabric designs. The mug rugs a cute. I wish them a long life!

Unknown said...

Very very cute quilt top...I do agree with you about the tragic events this past week, however, it is so horrific that we cannot comprehend it, hence the non stop talk...but writing to reps will certainly make an impact I am sure.

Sextant said...

Well the NRA has spoken:

http://wtvr.com/2012/12/18/report-nra-has-broken-silence-here-comes-leverage-and-money/

But there is hope,

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/12/can-sandy-hook-really-change-the-politics-of-guns/266430/

Perhaps we are indeed at a tipping point. Time to start those letters.