Friday, August 12, 2011

Time for Happiness

flowers at Glacier National Park

Time to stop being sad! After my latest meltdown (see previous post, if you must), I have felt much better. Son answered a bunch of my questions. I sure appreciate his patience with my journey through the doldrums. I really think I've gone through the worst of it and am on the mend. Son's answers to my questions have a lot to do with that.

Now he's planning to move to California which is bittersweet. I'm going to miss him and hate having him so far away! But he's going there because he's so happy and feeling hopeful... AND California is a great place to visit come about January!

Other things I'm grateful for:
1) great weather; relief from humidity
2) a.c. and fans
3) finishing a book that took me forever
4) those funny ladies on "The Talk"
5) great movies! ("The Help" - loved it!!!)
6) flowers
7) my family

2 comments:

AnnieO said...

Glad talking with your son helped a lot. It's odd when sad things strike you when you least expect them to take a stab at you again!

My state of California is a great place to visit anytime, but yes, January is a perfect time to get out of Minnesota :)

Pattilou said...

So glad that things are looking up for you. Nothing quite like a long talk to gain a different perspective.

We went to The Help yesterday and dearly loved it. You could tell who had read the book because we were laughing before some of the funny parts. I think I'll go see it again--DH is golfing tomorrow, just might be a great time to go!

We have a daughter in CA and it is a great place to visit. I wish I could live there, but DH doesn't so we compromise--we visit.