Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Finished Quilt

This is a very simple quilt that I finished today. I have NO idea where I got the inner fabrics that I used for making 4-patches. They seem a little "old-ladyish" to me, so I made sure the borders are kid-friendly. This quilt will go to Bundles of Love through my guild. It's one of our community service projects for the year.



Today I finished the borders, then quilted and bound it. Sometimes I like to just sail through all the steps and get'er done. Other times I set the top aside and wait for months before I get around to quilting and binding it. I'm glad I was motivated to get this one done today. Feels good to finish a project.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Not sure when you changed it but I soooooooooo want that baby giraffe in your header.

Pattilou said...

Mixing fabrics suits you. You have quite a flair for making a kid friendly quilt by adding funky borders and backing. Good choices.