Monday, June 06, 2011

I am Going to Confess...

I had a very weird day. I am going to confess my total laziness. I didn't realize I was super tired, but I had the longest, laziest sleep-in this morning!



I heard my cell phone receive a text message at 9-something A.M. I woke up enough to read it, and attempted to answer. I could barely hit the letters correctly for my response. It was my friend who works in a school where I might have subbed today, telling me they had two people absent for whom I could have subbed.

"Hmmm...," I said curiously, "they didn't even call me!"

Then I noticed that I had a missed call. They HAD called me, but I was in such a dead sleep that I didn't even hear the phone ring! I keep it on a shelf very close to my head, just a few inches from my ear. Weird that I didn't hear it at all. But I did hear the text message "ching" later in the morning.

So I could have worked today but didn't even hear the call. And after my friend texted me, I went back to sleep. And.... guess what.... I slept until 11:30 A.M.!!! I was shocked when I woke up (finally). I have not slept that deeply and that late into the day in years!

I didn't get much done today because of my late start. I had a bunch of errands to run: go to the bank, return a book to the library, stop at the post office, go to a store to use a coupon that was about to expire. I didn't even finish all my errands, because it was too hot! Our high today was 97 degrees F. When I got home it was almost time to leave again, for a church women's group outing.

That was my day. Now it should be bedtime, but I'm not tired at all. I wonder why??

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to have woken you! lol...

I am craving a sleep like that...but once awake I usually am up fo good! Hopefully that isn't true right now as it is 2:45 blech!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

O...so glad to hear the there are other people who these kinds of "mornings"! I hear it tell...that the body tells our brain what it needs...it's good when we listen...and you did listen. =)

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com
=) new follower =)

Unknown said...

I still don't know how I had time to work when all the things I do as a retiry. I get tired just thinking about it at times.