Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Blast Furnace

an even sadder version of melting than I am experiencing

Suddenly it's summer! Whew! Just a couple days ago I used the word "spring" in my post title. Now it's hot, hot, hot summer. Yesterday's high was 97 degrees F. Today, at 2:30 p.m. it is already 101 degrees F, and will probably go higher. I was going to go out today but decided not to. It's too HOT!

I'm thankful for air conditioning. I know plenty of people who are not so lucky. My heart goes out to them today. This includes the school kids still in session, and all my former co-workers who are sweltering in buildings with no a.c. and with a lot of hot bodies squished together. Not pleasant. I remember those days of suffering. Fans just don't cut it in heat like that.

Since I can't go outside, I decided to steel myself for the boring job: quilt bindings! I'm making progress, slowly but surely. I'll post pictures tomorrow. I hope to have more than one done by then. (But it's slow progress; even in air conditioning, a big old quilt across one's lap while sewing on binding is awfully warm.)

Ta-ta! Stay cool!

1 comment:

Pattilou said...

Sunday was like that here, one day the furnace is on in the morning and the next day the AC! We're however back to some cooler weather for now. Still expecting some flooding from the snow pack melt in some areas. It'll probably hit next week when the warmer days stay longer. Very interesting weather patterns for sure!