Saturday, February 14, 2009

Saturday Stuff

When I got up this morning it was snowing, very lightly. The sun was shining, and the snowflakes were little diamonds in the sun. It was so pretty. I tried to capture it in a photograph, but I just couldn't get one that did it justice. It's very unusual to have snow falling while the sun is shining.

Today I stayed in my jammies ALL DAY! Didn't step foot outside the house even once. Sometimes doing that gives me cabin fever, but today it felt just right. I made these two blocks to send to Australia, for fire victims. And then I spent a long time cleaning up junk in my sewing room (while watching a Netflix movie on my computer). I've made good progress, but there is still a lot of work to do!


Last night after work hubby and I went to Let's Dish. Have you heard of it/been there? It's fun and is another way I am spoiled. You go there and put some ingredients into containers and take them home to freeze, and when you are ready, you take them out and bake or cook them. Voila! A yummy dinner with seemingly no work put into it. It's a quilter's dinner made in heaven. I've been to Let's Dish before, but it was the first time hubby came along. It was fun to do it together! We even made an appointment to go back again next month! Sometimes good things happen when I take hubby along on shopping excursions.

5 comments:

Melissa Kaye said...

Love it! You must have gotten up as we were heading out to the zoo. I saw the sunshine and snow and told Jake that it was unusual.

I feel like I haven't seen you in forever! Hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday!

Unknown said...

Yes the snow was pretty...indeed! You will have to tell me more about Let's Dish...love dhs apron! What a great sport!

Elaine Adair said...

??? Let's Dish ??? hey, a new idea!

Lindsay Jean said...

We have something similar in my area - Dinners Done Right. I go every month, because it is easy and is not very expensive (about $2.60 per meal per person). I love not having to think about meal planning, never mind I don't have to chop anything or wash the dishes!

But their aprons aren't nearly so cool as your DH's!

BrendaLou said...

so what meals did you put together? I need some inspiration. Hubby and I eat together (even cook together) but we eat separate food....I've been on South Beach for 2 years and he can't eat onions, peppers, garlic, cooked tomato products and he doesn't like cabbage family, green beans or asparagus. So when I cook (only 3 days a week or so) I make mine into 4 or 5 meals & freeze)