Monday, January 19, 2009
Visited My Mom
Here's what I did in the last two days:
1) Decided to go visit my mom (spur of the moment). Didn't even call, I just went. It's about a 3-hour drive.
2) On the way out of town, I stopped briefly to toss Joanie's quilt top to Mary, so she can get it quilted. I only talked to her for 1 minute and 37 seconds, but I already like her! What a cutie.
3) Took my mom and my sister out for dinner on Sunday, to celebrate my sister's birthday which is on Thursday.
4) Stayed overnight on my mom's couch. She finally was able to give me our Christmas presents as I had not made it up there for Christmas. I got a really nice book.
5) This morning I left my mom's place, but stopped in town and shopped a little. Trumm Drug and Cherry Street Books accepted some of my money, and a little later Aunt Annie's Quilts accepted more. (I just LOVE that shop.. she has the coolest fabrics and awesome samples all over. When I grow up I want to be that talented at creating gorgeous quilts.)
6) Came home. Read my 77 emails that piled up in two days! (Do I even know that many people??) My hubby updated my computer, but he's not totally done, and I still don't know how to upload my new photos, so the above is an old one, just to have a picture to look at.
Back to work tomorrow, but I wish I could stay home and watch the inauguration events ALL DAY LONG. I am so excited for tomorrow! A new Prez! A people energized! You gotta love it. Yipppeeeeeeeeeeee!
P.S. I didn't do service work today as was encouraged, but I spent all Friday night and all day Saturday sewing quilts for the children. As I always tell my husband, "I'm helping the children." He just came home from work and found a chore I had forgotten to finish. He told me to "go back to your knitting, and I'll do this man's job." Ha! That's how much he understands my quilting (calls it knitting?!) but at least he forgave me for not finishing the chore. Isn't he a doll?