Monday, September 25, 2006

Weekend With Family

Hello, quilty friends. I was busy last week and didn't get any more written after my tired day on Tuesday. I think I was tired on those other days, too!

Over the weekend I went out of town to attend a memorial service for my aunt who died recently at age 91. The service was very nice, and I learned some things that I didn't know about her childhood. Very interesting, and it was comforting and fun to have a lot of relatives around. We always enjoy good conversation and laughter together.



I haven't done any sewing in the last week, but I did go to a quilt shop with one cousin. They happened to be having a sale, including a Samples sale, so I bought this sample wall hanging which for me celebrates the fantastic orca whale watch I experienced in July.

I have started a 2nd blog which is called St. Paul Daily Photo. I post a photo a day, most of which depict the area where I live and work. It's loads of fun! There's a link in my Links section to the left.

2 comments:

Dona said...

Great idea and wonderful way to see where we all live.

Laura said...

What a gorgeous quilt! My husband and son kayaked with the whales in Maine last summer, I am not sure what kind they were. They said it was an awesome experience.