Thursday, September 14, 2006

Hugs & Kisses

"Hugs & Kisses" is the name of my completed wall hanging, made for Tonya's challenge. This will be sold at silent auction during my guild's quilt show in February.




I showed this to my daughter, and she said "What happened to that one X?" ONE X? I guess I must have been too consistent with my cuts, if she thought I had only one funky X. I had fun making all these blocks, including the funky hearts. Those are appliqued, using my own raw edge method.

The other picture is my Daily Photo. It's called Fall Colors at Target.

7 comments:

Tracey in CT said...

I like it! I love the way the horizontal sashing strips are made of multiple fabrics.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Fun job. I like the addition of the hearts to the Xs and Os.

KC Quilter said...

I love your Tonya-challenge quilt! I just found your blog through her blog! Will visit often. Are you a teacher? I am a retired teacher--more time for playing with quilting!!

Carol E. said...

kcquilter - I am a sign language interpreter. I work in a transition program with adult special ed students. I LOVE my job, but would retire today if I could. You look WAY too young to be retired.

Dianne said...

Oh, the Hugs and Kisses quilt is wonderful, Carol. Someone is going to be a happy camper to get it!

I've been retired for 13 years now and loving it! DH says I get to play all day every day, and he's right!

Carol E. said...

Some friends who are retired say they get "7-day weekends." Woo hoo!

Hedgehog said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.